For centuries, eggs have played a major role in feeding families around the globe. They are an unbeatable package when it comes to versatility and top-quality protein at a very affordable price. And they are also an excellent source of choline, essential in memory and brain development.
Eggs are nature's premium protein
It is all too easy to take eggs for granted but they really are nature’s ultimate source of high quality protein. With an estimated one billion undernourished people across the globe – eggs have the power to help feed the world. A source of high quality protein is essential for:
- Foetal development
- Healthy brain and mucle development
- Improving concentration levels
- Supporting the body’s immune system
- Essential to support the effectiveness of vaccinations and antiretroviral drugs
Eggs offer minimal sustenance with minimal environmental impact:
- Come in their own biodegradable packaging
- Chickens offer a lower carbon footprint and their manure can be composted and used as high-quality fertilizer
Learn more about World Egg Day here and find some delicious egg recipes on our Egg Recipes page here.