Fall brings that cozy time of the year that invites you to sit by a fire with a warm beverage and a hearty snack. We couldn't help but be inspired by the season's harvests, so we turned to pumpkin and cranberries for inspiration.
I hope you enjoy this healthy twist on this moist, yummy cookie. Ingredients such as pumpkin, oats, flax, pumpkin seeds and cranberries help turn this delicious treat into a healthy snack or convenient breakfast cookie. If desired, you can cut the sugar in half.
This quick and easy recipe makes it a favorite cookie that you will want to share with your friends and family.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup flax seed
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup cooked, pureed (or canned) pumpkin
1 large egg or 2 small ones
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut parchment paper to fit baking sheets
3. Combine flour, oats, flax, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Mix in dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds until just mixed in.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
6. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minute.
7. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.